NORWAYNE COMMUNITY STADIUM TURF PROJECT
The updated progress on our community fundraising efforts can be seen here:
UPDATES AND PROGRESS ON THE PROJECT:
- May 9, 2018: Our Construction Kick-Off Meeting Was Held!
- Maumee Bay Turf Center, Burkey Excavating and Osborn Sports were ON-SITE today finalizing pre-construction details! Contracts were signed and details were solidified! We are READY TO GO!
- May 4, 2018: We Established Dates!
- Maumee Bay Turf Center will begin ground/base work on Monday, June 11 with a completion date of July 6. Installation of the turf will then begin on July 9 and be completed by July 31, 2018!
- May 1, 2018: A BIG DAY!
- The Turf Committee as well as the Norwayne Local School Board approved the quote from Maumee Bay Turf Center and has designated that company to be the construction manager and installer for the project!
- THE NORWAYNE LOCAL SCHOOL BOARD GAVE THE "GREEN LIGHT" FOR US TO OFFICIALLY MOVE FORWARD ON THE PROJECT!!!!
- THE TURF PROJECT "IS A GO" FOR JUNE 2018 INSTALL AND AUGUST 2018 COMPLETION!
- March 23, 2018: Surveyors were on site!
- Surveyors were on site at Norwayne determining measurements for detailed CAD drawings and renderings that will insure proper field placement and design. Soil testing to insure a proper base has also begun.
- March 21, 2018: The Turf Committee heard from turf companies!
- The turf committee heard proposals from four turf companies. Committee members are currently conducting independent research in order to determine which company would best fit our needs for the project.
- March 7, 2018: The School Board has approved the hiring of an engineering firm!
- We have hired Osborn Engineering as the firm that will handle bids, permits, soil testing, and other pertinent tasks related to the design and implementation of the project.